Thursday, January 1, 2009

2009, PLEASE let me be wiser!

Jason and I had so much fun last night!! Mom drove all the way to our house basically just to pick up our puppy for us (she is awesome!) and we went to the doctor's office. I love going to the doctor's office! He's very quick to praise me which I feel like I need these days! My weight gain has been awesome, I don't call him 15 times a day with the same problem and he is very supportive of my choice to deliver naturally - yay! He's a very awesome guy and I am stoked! Then Jason and I ran some quick errands and got lunch at Applebee's (Thanks to my grandma for the gift card!). We went out to my mom and dad's house after that... Since they picked up Molly for us, I didn't want to blow them off. So we spent time here. Mom and I went to the store while Jason, Alex and my Dad played Baseball on the Xbox. Then I went to dinner with my friend from high school, Ashli and we had a blast! It was only about 45 minutes from the time we got there, ordered our food, ate, and got the bill. However, we ended up staying there for almost 3 hours just talking. We saw soooo many people we knew coming in and out so our table number would grow and decrease in size, but it was a lot of fun. I went straight from dinner to my friend Jamie's house where my family and Jason were waiting for me. We didin't stay too terribly long because I was getting pretty tired. So we came home and I fell asleep, but Jason woke me up just in time for New Years! I to watch the ball drop, got my kiss, ate some cereal, and went back to bed, lol.

Upon waking up this morning, however, all I can think about is one particular worry. The details are irrelevant, but I'm basically getting screwed over by someone who I NEVER thought would do this to me... and it makes me really sad. This isn't the first time where this person has been two faced with me and I'm just so shocked. That they would continue to do this to me and that I would let it. It's been going on waayyy too long. It's not like I can avoid this person, either. I just feel so hurt that they're not even pretending to be understanding or sympathetic of the situation at all. I guess it hurts so bad because, like I said, I never would have expected something like this from them. I don't even know how to approach the situation... I'm just at a loss and Jason doesn't know what to do either. It's just irritating how this person always says how willing they are to help if I ever needed anything, and now that I do (and it's not an outrageous request), I'm being told "Ummmm, I guess you better figure it out" Not a direct quote, but if they would actually say something to me instead of through the grapevine, I'm sure it would have sounded a lot like that. Thanks

So please, 2009, let me be wiser in the company I keep, the choices I make, and how to be compassionate to people who are in need... And then let me be an example to this person.

No comments:

Throughout my late adolescense and adulthood, I have had many positions (professionally and volunteer basis) that have helped me develop skills necessary to serve as a liaison to the community on behalf of a professional organization. I have spent many years in various organizations which have helped me grow skills such as public speaking, note taking, and scheduling. I am proficient in organization and mediation – always keeping the mindset of finding middle ground and while meeting the needs of those involved. I excel in the area of community outreach and thrive in situations where I am given reign to be creative and managerial. I am committed to achieving the best outcome and feel I have many fantastic qualities to contribute to any organization.