Thursday, October 27, 2011

Day 5 – How important do you think education is?

Education to me is hugely important!!! I've always loved learning and have always been a good student. I get so excited for the first day of school even if I'm only doing online classes - I crave learning. Right now, I'm learning most about birth. I am crazy passionate about this particular topic. So much so that I'm choosing to devote my life to it. I never had any real direction in life as far as what I want to be when I grow up BUT in recent years, the more I learn about birth, the more passionate I become. I got the idea to become a midwife several years ago and when I prayed about it (just recently, actually) I got a "well, DUH!" answer, lol.
Another thing I've been learning a lot recently is home improvement and carpentry type stuff. My aunt is a contractor and i lived on a farm so there was always lots to do in these areas. I love working with my hands. Jason jokes that I'm building him a house... but it's kind of true, lol. I've done things to our house that I've always wanted to try but have never had the opportunity. It's been a lot of fun and a confidence booster - I really can do this stuff and I'm pretty good at it! :)

No comments:

Throughout my late adolescense and adulthood, I have had many positions (professionally and volunteer basis) that have helped me develop skills necessary to serve as a liaison to the community on behalf of a professional organization. I have spent many years in various organizations which have helped me grow skills such as public speaking, note taking, and scheduling. I am proficient in organization and mediation – always keeping the mindset of finding middle ground and while meeting the needs of those involved. I excel in the area of community outreach and thrive in situations where I am given reign to be creative and managerial. I am committed to achieving the best outcome and feel I have many fantastic qualities to contribute to any organization.