Thursday, April 8, 2010

I can't recall being so nervous

Jason applied for nursing school a month and a half ago... We're still waiting to hear if he's being called back for an interview... and I'm a nervous WRECK!!!!! He's got a terrific GPA and has been working in the nursing field for almost 2 years which makes him pretty qualified already. Jason is very calm and confident, but I can't help but worry! If he doesn't get accepted this semester, it'll set us back a whole year :(

This is my fear:

When we moved to Springfield, Jason has 2 job offers. When we got here, the jobs he was promised weren't there anymore. He was crushed. We knew we were supposed to move to Springfield, but it felt like the odds were against us. I was worried sick... and so was Jason. Jason is a very emotional guy so I tried to stay strong for us. We spent hours calling to see who was hiring, I drove around with David picking up applications while Jason was at school. I would fill them out and Jason would return them. After 2 weeks, just as Jason was going to apply at a gas station, Jason FINALLY got a job offer that was better than we hoped... and that's when I cried. I stayed so strong for Jason and I could finally breathe. If Jason doesn't get accepted to nursing school... I'll be the one to break down first... almost guaranteed!

I guess now that it's "go time", the time for our plans to become reality, I'm so nervous.
Someone talk me down!!!!!! lol
Throughout my late adolescense and adulthood, I have had many positions (professionally and volunteer basis) that have helped me develop skills necessary to serve as a liaison to the community on behalf of a professional organization. I have spent many years in various organizations which have helped me grow skills such as public speaking, note taking, and scheduling. I am proficient in organization and mediation – always keeping the mindset of finding middle ground and while meeting the needs of those involved. I excel in the area of community outreach and thrive in situations where I am given reign to be creative and managerial. I am committed to achieving the best outcome and feel I have many fantastic qualities to contribute to any organization.