Tuesday, August 16, 2011

As it turns out...

I'm a pretty good caulker! Which I already knew from the mission trip I took with my parents' church the summer before my senior year of high school... but reminders are always nice! ;) We put Wainscoting up in our dining room and yesterday I caulked all the seams. We also painted the ceiling (what an arm workout!!!). All we have left is the chair rail, painting the wainscoting and chair rail, waxing the hardwood and our dining room will be done! With the exception of the pantry, the kitchen is done as well. Appliances are in, flooring is down... it's coming together! We still have painting and cleaning to do but, overall, we're liking it.

School starts Monday!! We're excited that Jason will be starting nursing school and I'm almost done with my Associates so it's going to be a good semester! I think I'm going to take 2 8 week classes thought because I was also just hired by a local high school to make their color guard costumes which is looking like it's going to be a big project. I'm meeting with the coach tomorrow to finalize everything and then the work begins! If I'm not around for awhile... check for me under high piles of tulle!!!!

1 comment:

Jeanne said...

When we were building our house in AK, we helped the contractor (a good friend) out. My granddaddy came over one day when we were sheet rocking, and my younger sister said, "Granddaddy, I'm screwing up sheet rock." He just smiled and said, "I'm sure you are sweetheart."

Your story reminded me of that...

Throughout my late adolescense and adulthood, I have had many positions (professionally and volunteer basis) that have helped me develop skills necessary to serve as a liaison to the community on behalf of a professional organization. I have spent many years in various organizations which have helped me grow skills such as public speaking, note taking, and scheduling. I am proficient in organization and mediation – always keeping the mindset of finding middle ground and while meeting the needs of those involved. I excel in the area of community outreach and thrive in situations where I am given reign to be creative and managerial. I am committed to achieving the best outcome and feel I have many fantastic qualities to contribute to any organization.