Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Christmas blessings

This year, it has seemed nearly impossible for me to get into the Christmas spirit. I always look forward to it and love having our own little family Christmas but it seems like Christmas came so quickly this year and I didn't have time to "get used" to the idea, I guess. Anyway, today I decided to reflect back on our year (actually, our entire marriage, lol) and to pick out the unbelievable ways we've been blessed. We have been blessed with an eternal temple marriage. We are so lucky to get to not only spend our lives together, but ETERNITY together. We have an AMAZING son... no really. I look at him in amazement everyday. He is everything we could have asked for. We will be welcoming a daughter in the Spring. Though we haven't met Ainzley yet, I feel like I've known her for so long! We were blessed to get pregnant with her right away (through extreme inspiration). She is active and loves to appease her daddy with kicks when he puts his hand on my tummy. She is loved by her brother who loves to snuggle my tummy and give "her" kisses. We are so fortunate to be able to pay our bills. Our testimonies of tithing have gotten us through the tough times and keeps us mindful during the times when we can be a little less frugal. Jason has a terrific job. Though it drives him crazy sometimes, he's happy to be working in the medical field and to be progressing toward his goal of becoming a nurse. Though there are many more, we are most thankful for the gospel of Jesus Christ in our lives. To have such a loving Heavenly Father and elder brother (Jesus Christ) to provide a plan for us and to be our savior. We are very happy in our church and out callings and hope to be able to continue to serve in the future.

Today I had to run out to WalMart to get one last gift for Jason. I absolutely loathe WalMart. Everyone always seems to be in a crabby mood and it's always busy. Today was no exception. I had to wait FOREVER for an employee to help me with Jason's gift and noticed so many upset people. I couldn't help but smile. Looking back on everything we have to be thankful for really made it hard for me to be "down". After getting Jason's gift, I had a few last minute things to pick up for Christmas dinner and after waiting in a LONG line, I realized I forgot to get something for dinner! I had to get out of line to run back and get a frozen pizza. Normally, this would have just made me livid, but today, I could have cared less. Today, I am grateful for my many blessings which will always trump my many earthly trials.

This Christmas, though our trials may be great, let's remember all the wonderful things we have to be grateful for and help others to realize their blessings as well. Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Throughout my late adolescense and adulthood, I have had many positions (professionally and volunteer basis) that have helped me develop skills necessary to serve as a liaison to the community on behalf of a professional organization. I have spent many years in various organizations which have helped me grow skills such as public speaking, note taking, and scheduling. I am proficient in organization and mediation – always keeping the mindset of finding middle ground and while meeting the needs of those involved. I excel in the area of community outreach and thrive in situations where I am given reign to be creative and managerial. I am committed to achieving the best outcome and feel I have many fantastic qualities to contribute to any organization.