Friday, May 7, 2010

As promised



Today, I woke up to this:


On days like this, I spend my day wearing this:


And in here:



I have a confession... I have never made a Red Velvet Cake. Yes, shocker, I know! I found this recipe for Red Velvet Cookie Sandwiches - YUM! What a fun afternoon...


1 cake mix in large mixing bowl. I expected the cake mix to be a bit more........ vibrant.


Oh, wait... there are a couple pigments


There we go. Definitely on the right page :)


Into the 350 degree oven for 15 minutes


Gotta stop and feed the babe. Oh he is PRECIOUS!!!!! He, too, enjoyed his first bites of Red Velvet goodness


DING! First batch done!

The camera was MIA during the frosting making, but here's the end result:


Nom nom nom......

Today was a fantastically creative day. When I wasn't in the kitchen (and when I wasn't spending time with Jace & David), I was doing lots of brainstorming and came up with some really awesome ideas. I'm very into the "creative baby items" market right now... I guess we'll see how that goes!

Besides that, it was a really fun day. Hope yours was, too!!!

2 comments:

Caryn Allen said...

Oh those look FANTASTIC! What filling did you use?

Duree Family said...

It was a cream cheese frosting type thing... message me on facebook and I'll get you the recipe :)

Throughout my late adolescense and adulthood, I have had many positions (professionally and volunteer basis) that have helped me develop skills necessary to serve as a liaison to the community on behalf of a professional organization. I have spent many years in various organizations which have helped me grow skills such as public speaking, note taking, and scheduling. I am proficient in organization and mediation – always keeping the mindset of finding middle ground and while meeting the needs of those involved. I excel in the area of community outreach and thrive in situations where I am given reign to be creative and managerial. I am committed to achieving the best outcome and feel I have many fantastic qualities to contribute to any organization.