Monday, October 27, 2008

Drumroll Please

IT'S A BOY!!!!!!!! We are super excited! We found out last Thursday at the ultrasound which, by the way, was probably the most amazing thing I've seen! I actually got to see my baby move, watch his heartbeat, watch him suck his thumb - precious! We have the most adorable pictures and I'm hoping to post them soon. We did find out that the baby has a cyst in his brain where the cerebra-spinal fluid is produced. It was very scary to hear, but 99% of the time, it clears up with no complications by about the 28th week. My doctor wants me to have a more in depth ultrasound this week to just make sure since the baby is also measuring about 2 weeks small. It is hard not to get worked up about what is going on because it was just so unexpected to hear - I don't think anyone would expect to hear something like that. But I do have Jason who keeps reminding me that everything will be ok, and my mom (who's a nurse) who is helping me every step of the way. I didn't want to look up anything about the cyst on the internet because all I would find is worst case scenarios. So my mom did for me and if I ever need to know more, she will know what to tell me.

It's been so amazing to be pregnant. It has been incredibly hard, but definitely amazing! It's so awesome to think that Jason and I are going to be parents. To raise our baby the way we want. To have someone who is a complete reflection of us. I can't imagine doing this without Jason - he's always been the person I've needed to lean on.

No comments:

Throughout my late adolescense and adulthood, I have had many positions (professionally and volunteer basis) that have helped me develop skills necessary to serve as a liaison to the community on behalf of a professional organization. I have spent many years in various organizations which have helped me grow skills such as public speaking, note taking, and scheduling. I am proficient in organization and mediation – always keeping the mindset of finding middle ground and while meeting the needs of those involved. I excel in the area of community outreach and thrive in situations where I am given reign to be creative and managerial. I am committed to achieving the best outcome and feel I have many fantastic qualities to contribute to any organization.