Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Why I am so crazy!

These past couple weeks have been insane for me. Jason starting a new job, reaching the half way point in my pregnancy, landlord in the hospital, pig roast with my family - so much to do!

Jason is really enjoying his new job... sometimes, lol. He enjoys the fact that he is taking steps to get where he wants to be, but dealing with cranky, old people is not his favorite thing. He deals with it though, gets through the day, goes to school, and finally lands on the couch at about 9 at night. 6 in the morning to 9 at night - I do not envy him! Not to mention that when he comes home he still does the dishes and takes care of me. I am so glad that I have been blessed with such a hard worker for a husband.

20 weeks tomorrow - holy crap!! It is so surreal! I'm half way to being someone's mommy. Now that I am a mere week and a half from finding out the baby's sex, it is becoming more and more real. I've been buying things here and there (depending on the deals I find on Craigslist), but now Jason and I will be taking an even bigger hit financially as I buy all the cute baby clothes I've been dying over these past 20-ish weeks, lol. Too exciting!

So while my landlord's been in the hospital, Jason and I have been staying in here house and it is weird! This big, old mansion and just Jason and I... it takes some getting used to for sure! It's nice on the weekends when we can sleep in b/c the sun doesn't shine right into our windows. Our landlord has Congestive Heart Failure and has been in the hospital for almost a week and a half and they're not sure when she'll be able to come home. They're trying to regulate her heartbeat and see if she has an infection somewhere. Like I said, we have to stay in her house while she's away, so it made last weekend a bit of a challenge. Friday we had to take my car to the shop out in Warrenton and since we had to drive all that way, we decided to take the day off work and go to our favorite Mexican restaurant - Dos Primos! Then we went to my parents' house to help get things ready for the pig roast. But, rather than staying the night like we had planned, we had to drive all the way back home (over an hour) just to sleep in the big, creepy house. Then we drove back out to mom and dad's the next morning and back home again. But we did have an awesome time at the pig roast! Jason and I have been looking forward to it for awhile so we were super excited to go!

No comments:

Throughout my late adolescense and adulthood, I have had many positions (professionally and volunteer basis) that have helped me develop skills necessary to serve as a liaison to the community on behalf of a professional organization. I have spent many years in various organizations which have helped me grow skills such as public speaking, note taking, and scheduling. I am proficient in organization and mediation – always keeping the mindset of finding middle ground and while meeting the needs of those involved. I excel in the area of community outreach and thrive in situations where I am given reign to be creative and managerial. I am committed to achieving the best outcome and feel I have many fantastic qualities to contribute to any organization.