Tuesday, February 15, 2011

37 Weeks

I made it to 37 weeks on Sunday - wahoo! Still quite uncomfortable but, hey, it's pregnancy! Had a midwife appointment yesterday and everything is looking good except that Ainzley has flipped breech again. At 37 weeks, breech becomes more of a concern due to the lack of space for baby to flip... the idea that she might not turn sucks. However, I went to the chiropractor today for the Webster Technique. The Webster is a technique that stretches the ligaments and tendons around the pelvis and uterus. It minimizes internal constraint on the baby and gives them more room to move around. The good news for me was that my lower back and pelvis (right side) was tilted backward which could easily explain Ainzley's constant favoring of the breech position. So the dr performed the Webster and gave me a normal adjustment. I have another appointment tomorrow and again on Friday. Plus an appointment with my midwife on Thursday to re-evaluate her position. The Webster technique has a very high success rate of 97% so we're hoping for a good outcome.

Besides that, I'd say we're pretty ready for Ainzley to be here! Jason is very excited! We got family pictures done right before Christmas and David loves to point out everyone in the family. Today, Jason asked him where Ainzley was and he pointed to my tummy in the picture - it was adorable! Everything is ready for her so whenever she decides to come would be great!

No comments:

Throughout my late adolescense and adulthood, I have had many positions (professionally and volunteer basis) that have helped me develop skills necessary to serve as a liaison to the community on behalf of a professional organization. I have spent many years in various organizations which have helped me grow skills such as public speaking, note taking, and scheduling. I am proficient in organization and mediation – always keeping the mindset of finding middle ground and while meeting the needs of those involved. I excel in the area of community outreach and thrive in situations where I am given reign to be creative and managerial. I am committed to achieving the best outcome and feel I have many fantastic qualities to contribute to any organization.