Friday, November 12, 2010

Day 6 – A photo of an animal you’d love to keep as a pet.

Day 6 – A photo of an animal you’d love to keep as a pet.

I am going to opt out of the actual photo part as my computer doesn't like me trying to save pictures from the internet... crap happens.

Right now, I am enjoying not having any pets, lol. I grew up around A LOT of animals - dogs and cats of course, horses, chickens, ducks, turkeys, peacocks, sheep, I always had at least 1 goldfish, exotic birds and our family monkey (a ring tailed-lemur). It was always a lot of responsibility and work which I enjoyed at the time. Currently, however, I'm more focused on raising David, helping Jason through school, growing Ainzley, keeping the house nice (something that would surely suffer with a pet), and focusing on my own school work.

If our apartment didn't have a $500 non-refundable pet deposit, I wouldn't mind having a puppy for David to play with (he LOVES puppies!), but besides the deposit, I've also developed an allergy to dogs... booooooo. It used to just be cats, but now it's both. Even hypoallergenic dogs get my nose going! I wouldn't want a dog to have to live in an apartment anyway. Sure, we have a larger apartment square footage wise, but we don't have a big backyard that I think a dog deserves. When Jason's graduates nursing school (hopefully in a year), we're planning on buying a house, with a fenced-in yard and a puppy. It makes me happy to think about

No comments:

Throughout my late adolescense and adulthood, I have had many positions (professionally and volunteer basis) that have helped me develop skills necessary to serve as a liaison to the community on behalf of a professional organization. I have spent many years in various organizations which have helped me grow skills such as public speaking, note taking, and scheduling. I am proficient in organization and mediation – always keeping the mindset of finding middle ground and while meeting the needs of those involved. I excel in the area of community outreach and thrive in situations where I am given reign to be creative and managerial. I am committed to achieving the best outcome and feel I have many fantastic qualities to contribute to any organization.