Wednesday, February 24, 2010

How to Preface This...

I have a lot on my mind today... mainly about the same topic

When I was in 8th grade, my Grandpa (my dad's dad) passed away very suddenly. He went into the hospital on a Saturday morning and passed away the following Monday evening. It's been bittersweet for me watching the Olympics because he passed away during the winter Olympics in 2002. He was such a great grandpa! He was the Grandpa who never missed a softball game, always bought me a toy when we went to the store (very important quality to a 6 year old), he was very active and always full of love for his family. We always used to go to his (and grandma's) house on Christmas Eve to open gifts. I will always remember him rooting for his favorite team - Go Penn State! I miss him ridiculously to this day.


My Grandpa Sitler holding me all the way back in 1987.

Yesterday, I got an e-mail from my grandma (mom's mom) that instantly brought tears to my eyes - we just found out that my other grandpa has cancer. My Grandpa Brown is amazing. He has always been there for me with his sweet smile and room-filing laughter. He and my Uncle would always hold me down and tickle me until I was crying from laughing so hard. I know regardless of what happens in the near future, I will always be able to be with my Grandpas... but is it selfish for me to want to have my last grandpa for a little while longer in this earth life? Ok, selfish? Yes, understandable? I hope so...


5 Generations of my mom's family:
In the front, my brother & comedian, Alex.

On the couch from L to R: My Great-Grandma (mom's dad's mom), My Grandpa Brown, Me & David, & my Mom.
Back row: My Grandma Brown, My Great-Grandpa, & my amazing husband, Jason

No comments:

Throughout my late adolescense and adulthood, I have had many positions (professionally and volunteer basis) that have helped me develop skills necessary to serve as a liaison to the community on behalf of a professional organization. I have spent many years in various organizations which have helped me grow skills such as public speaking, note taking, and scheduling. I am proficient in organization and mediation – always keeping the mindset of finding middle ground and while meeting the needs of those involved. I excel in the area of community outreach and thrive in situations where I am given reign to be creative and managerial. I am committed to achieving the best outcome and feel I have many fantastic qualities to contribute to any organization.