Monday, February 9, 2009

Weekly Review

So, the last week or so has been pretty crazy: getting my house ready for guests (Jason's brother Robert stayed with us while he went to classes - WOW did they eat a lot! and my bestest Kjirstin came in town for my baby shower - yay!), having my first baby shower, and the perpetual baby preparation.

My baby shower was awesome! Linda was sweet enough to host it for me and we had a blast! She put sooo much work into it (like A TON!) and it was amazing. My friend Kjirstin came in from Kansas City and it was great getting to spend time with her!! (I hadn't seen her since my wedding) So she came over and helped me organze all my new baby stuff and we talked forever. Then she went to church with us the next morning and had to leave too soon! So once she left, it was back to a normal Sunday.... kind of. Jason and Robert played video games for, basically, the rest of the day (imagine that!) and I sat around with the puppy - joy.

Tomorrow Jason and I are picking up the last major baby accessory we need - a dresser. I found it on craigslist and it is beautiful! It's basically brand new and has a changing area on top. It's exactly what I've been looking for and can't WAIT for the blue baby clothes that are all over my room to find a new home!

Anyway, it's been an awesome week (mostly) and one week closer to meeting David - yay!

No comments:

Throughout my late adolescense and adulthood, I have had many positions (professionally and volunteer basis) that have helped me develop skills necessary to serve as a liaison to the community on behalf of a professional organization. I have spent many years in various organizations which have helped me grow skills such as public speaking, note taking, and scheduling. I am proficient in organization and mediation – always keeping the mindset of finding middle ground and while meeting the needs of those involved. I excel in the area of community outreach and thrive in situations where I am given reign to be creative and managerial. I am committed to achieving the best outcome and feel I have many fantastic qualities to contribute to any organization.