Sunday, February 15, 2009

How to stay patient

That is a very good question and one I am desperately seeking an answer to! I had my 37 week appointment last Thursday and finally had the dr check me because of an issue I had the day before. Anyway, I am dilated to 2cm and partically effaced (dr didn't specify how much) - crazy! Yesterday I thought I was going to have to go to the hospital and got kinda freaked out. I was doing the laundry when I had a contraction... no big deal until it ended and I had another one, like, 15 seconds after the first one ended. This continued for about 20 mintues and then they gradually died off. I was releaved because they hurt but sad b/c I was excited thinking I could be having a baby soon! I had some more contractions this morning and, just like yesterday, they ended pretty quickly. I talked to my mom earlier who doubts I'll make it to my due date - yay! But, really, who knows! Everyone can make predicitions, but David will come when he's good and ready... but I hope it's soon! My back is absolutely killing me!! I woke up in the middle of the night needing the bathroom and could not roll over or get out of bed - my back is in really bad shape. Not to mention that I have to climb over Molly's gate to get to the bathroom which almost always trips me. I was sad to miss church this morning because I just could not manuver me and my big belly today. I am trying so hard not to take medicine so I'm just taking it easy.

So my first baby shower was last Saturday and it was a blast! We got tons of clothes and had some really yummy snacks - thanks so much Linda for hosting it for me! My next shower (with my family) is a week from today and I am so stoked! The more mom and I talk about it, the more I wish it would hurry up and get here!!!

No comments:

Throughout my late adolescense and adulthood, I have had many positions (professionally and volunteer basis) that have helped me develop skills necessary to serve as a liaison to the community on behalf of a professional organization. I have spent many years in various organizations which have helped me grow skills such as public speaking, note taking, and scheduling. I am proficient in organization and mediation – always keeping the mindset of finding middle ground and while meeting the needs of those involved. I excel in the area of community outreach and thrive in situations where I am given reign to be creative and managerial. I am committed to achieving the best outcome and feel I have many fantastic qualities to contribute to any organization.