Thursday, March 11, 2010

Have I mentioned how completely left out I feel sometimes??

I feel like I have no idea what's happening with everyone's lives!!! Seeing that I've always been a straight forward kind of person, I'm just going to lay it all out there. Let me preface this by saying that I AM NOT mad at anyone... this is my blog where I share my feelings so I'm going to write as if I am journaling. I would appreciate it if the contents of this post were not gossiped about or taken offense to. So, here goes...

I have a sister in law who is expecting... expecting a baby in a few weeks and I have no idea how she's feeling. I make an effort to text (I don't call before 9pm so I don't use up our cell minutes) and get no response. When I saw her last, we stayed at their house and even though we were together a lot, I wasn't so much feeling the "quality time". We used to stay up giggling to the wee hours of the morning... not so much anymore. I miss the bond that I feel we no longer have.

I have another sister in law who's family has decided to relocate FAAARRRRR away... I have been feeling a need to strengthen our bond recently, but since I can't just pick up the phone and call, I've been struggling.

I have yet ANOTHER sister in law who is getting married in 2 months... or so I've heard. While most of the family has been notified via phone call of the wedding plans, we have not.

I have a grandpa who has cancer. My grandma notified me via e-mail... which still trumps my mom who never mentioned anything at all - even though we had spoken hours before my grandma told me.

I have a cousin who is getting married in 1 month. Growing up we were as close as could be. Now we barely speak.

Now let me state that I DO understand that I cannot be the most important person in these people's lives... but aren't we supposed to share our greatest joys and deepest sorrows with the people we love and who will be there for us no matter what? I also understand that distance can be a challenge, but I thought it was supposed to make the heart grow fonder. Being so far away has definitely made me more grateful for the family I have. I'm sad that it's taken me this long (especially with my husband's family). After we got married, I had family issues that I needed to resolve which weighed heavily on me. I feel like I wasn't emotionally able to make relationships with Jason's family that I would have liked. Then David was born which dramatically altered our family unit again. Everyone's lives have been so crazy and have changed so much which is why I feel communication is so important. I want to have the kind of relationships where I can call just to talk and feel like I need a motive to start a conversation... but I don't always feel welcome to do so. This past Christmas time, I pretty much lost my oldest friend (seriously, we had been friends since we were 3). We're at completely different stages in life and are both busy... but I hope we can catch up sometime in the future. I just don't want to miss out on family because we're all so busy.

I don't know if any of that made sense or not. As I said earlier, this is where I like to share my feelings... even if it's just ramblings.

No comments:

Throughout my late adolescense and adulthood, I have had many positions (professionally and volunteer basis) that have helped me develop skills necessary to serve as a liaison to the community on behalf of a professional organization. I have spent many years in various organizations which have helped me grow skills such as public speaking, note taking, and scheduling. I am proficient in organization and mediation – always keeping the mindset of finding middle ground and while meeting the needs of those involved. I excel in the area of community outreach and thrive in situations where I am given reign to be creative and managerial. I am committed to achieving the best outcome and feel I have many fantastic qualities to contribute to any organization.