Monday, March 16, 2009

A rough week or so

I have been having a rough week or so... besides battling illness (still!) I am dealing with an especially stubborn little boy and a rough weekend! All last Thursday I had been having contractions that were progressing pretty well. I saw the dr that afternoon and saw the dr who said I was 2ish cm and about 80% effaced (which I have been for about a month now). Once I was finished with my appointment, my contractions were still continuing so mom came home with me and helped me get things ready (bags packed, dishes done, dinner made). Once Jason came home from school and ate, we all were waiting and timing contractions. Once they reached about 3 minutes apart - we were off to the hospital. They checked me again and said I was dilated to 3cm so it was nice to know I wasn't going through contractions for nothing! So they monitored me for an hour and let me walk for an hour, but I didn't progress anymore so they sent me home. I did learn some interestinng information that night though. While they were admitting me, they asked if I had had or been exposed to MRSA (reisitant staph). Well, I've had it for most of my pregnancy, so I was immediately put into "isolation". Since my regular dr neglected to do follow up cultures, we weren't sure if I was still carrying the bacteria (I haven't had a repeat infection in 2 months so I'm assuming not). Anyway, what this means is that I probably will not be able to get an epidural. I was planning on having a natural birth anyway... but ill get into the problem this presents later...So Jason and I finally made it to bed around 2am and very much enjoyed catching up on our sleep.
The NEXT day, Jason and I were walking fools! lol, we walked and walked and walked and it paid off (well, somewhat). I started having some really hard contractions around 8 and about 10, they started to be very painful and regular but I wasn't ready to go to the hospital because I didn't want to get sent home 2 days in a row. So I stuck it out, fell asleep, and at about 3am, the contractions stopped all together. Since then, my contractions (if any) have been few and far between.
I saw the dr again this morning and we've set an induction date - March 19th - this thursday! I am excited to FINALLY hold my sweet little boy, but I'm terrified to death! So, basically when you are induced, they break your water and start you on Pitocin (the drug that makes your uterus contract). Pitocin is THE WORST drug you can be on... Pitocin contractions are longer and stronger and suck completely! So... if David doesn't make his apperance by Thursday, I have to be induced - I have to have Pitocin to make me be in worse pain... and I CAN'T have an epidural. Oh crap. I'm still hoping for the best, but I am absolutely terrified and bargaining with my little guy to not make his mommy go through all this!!!!!

1 comment:

2alisa said...

My dear friend, you will be in my thoughts and prayers all day long. Be brave and know we would gladly go through it with you. It's all worth it in the end. There is nothing better than holding your new little one! Love Alisa

Throughout my late adolescense and adulthood, I have had many positions (professionally and volunteer basis) that have helped me develop skills necessary to serve as a liaison to the community on behalf of a professional organization. I have spent many years in various organizations which have helped me grow skills such as public speaking, note taking, and scheduling. I am proficient in organization and mediation – always keeping the mindset of finding middle ground and while meeting the needs of those involved. I excel in the area of community outreach and thrive in situations where I am given reign to be creative and managerial. I am committed to achieving the best outcome and feel I have many fantastic qualities to contribute to any organization.